This cherry tomato salad is made with flavorful herbs, delicious cherry tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella! Coated in a delicious lemon basil dressing, this salad will soon be your new favorite!
Munching on a fresh salad during the hot summer months is my favorite. If you love salads as much as I do then you must try this California Spaghetti Salad, this BLT Avocado Pasta Salad or this delicious and easy Avocado Tuna Salad! Trust me when I say that they are all delicious and will be the star of the show at any potluck!
Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe
Summertime is my favorite season because the food is so fresh and delicious. And nothing beats tomatoes straight out of the garden. But this salad doesn’t stop there… You combine it with some herbs and mozzarella cheese! I LOVE using fresh mozzarella in recipes and when I have a chance to use it with some tomatoes, I know it’s going to be a hit! Plus, you can’t beat a salad that looks as beautiful as it tastes. It will look stunning on your table with all of the colors. This cherry tomato salad will for sure satisfy any tomato craving.
The dressing that you put onto this cherry tomato salad is full of flavor from the Italian seasoning, lemon, and basil. Once you combine them all and then drizzle the dressing on the tomatoes and cheese, you will be blown away by the flavor! This salad is the perfect side to any dish. I love bringing it to potlucks or a BBQ! Everyone goes crazy over it! Just you wait, you will see that it’s always one of the first things to get eaten off the table.
Ingredients in Cherry Tomato Salad
Once you have your fresh veggies and cheese on hand, you are on your way to making an easy and delicious salad. Feel free to change it up and add in any favorite herbs or seasonings that you like to make it your own! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements!
- Cherry Tomatoes: You can use grape tomatoes as well but I like cherry tomatoes because they are sweeter.
- Mozzarella Balls: If you can’t find any mozzarella balls at your grocery store then you can get fresh mozzarella and cut it up into small cubes.
- olive oil: I used regular olive oil but you can also use extra virgin olive oil instead.
- White Wine Vinegar: White wine vinegar brings some zing to the flavor of the salad.
- Balsamic Vinegar: I love the sweet and tart flavor of balsamic vinegar in this recipe.
- lemon juice: The lemon juice brings in a fresh and bright taste.
- Italian Seasoning: You can buy this at the store or you can use my homemade Italian seasoning recipe.
- Basil Leaves: Chop your fresh basil leaves up nice and fine so that you get some in every bite!
- Salt and Black Pepper: Add as much or as little as you want according to your taste.
How to Make a Simple Cherry Tomato Salad
This salad is perfect when you have too many tomatoes and don’t know what to do with them! Whip this up in less than 10 minutes and you will be snacking on a delicious and fresh salad!
- Combined: In a bowl add the cherry tomatoes and mozzarella balls.
- Dressing Mix: In a separate small bowl add the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, basil leaves, and salt and pepper.
- For: Pour the dressing on top of the tomato and mozzarella and stir it all together.
- Serve: Serve immediately and enjoy!
Cut the Tomatoes in Half
If you have some extra time, I would cut the tomatoes and the cheese in half for this cherry tomato salad. It not only makes it easier to eat but it also infuses the tomato juice into the salad and it tastes delicious! However, keep in mind that this salad won’t store well this way though and should be eaten immediately. So if you are planning on having leftovers, keep the tomatoes whole.
Can I Use Grape Tomatoes Instead?
You definitely can use grape tomatoes in this cherry tomato salad! However, I like to use cherry tomatoes for a few reasons. Grape tomatoes tend to have a thicker skin and are less sweet than cherry tomatoes. Their shape also tends to be longer rather than round.
Can You Store Leftover Tomato Salad?
This cherry tomato salad tastes delicious the next day, I love having it for a quick lunch option! If you have leftovers then go ahead and put them in an airtight container. Put it in your fridge and it will last about 2-3 days.
In a bowl add the cherry tomatoes and mozzarella balls.
In a separate small bowl add the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, basil leaves, and salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing on top of the tomato and mozzarella and stir it all together.
calories166calories (8%)Carbohydrates6g (2%)protein7g (14%)fat14g (22%)Saturated Fat3g (15%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat5gCholesterol11mg (4%)Sodium37mg (2%)Potassium270mg (8%)fiber1g (4%)Sugar4g (4%)Vitamin A591UI (12%)Vitamin C27mg (33%)Calcium133mg (13%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.