This easy garden Tortellini Salad with is the perfect BBQ side dish made with three-cheese cheese tortellini pasta, summer tomatoes, broccoli florets, and black olives.
I love a chilled Tortellini Salad in the summer. It’s a simple side dish that goes great with burgers, air fried chicken, skewers, and more. Plus, you can make it a day ahead and it’s perfect to bring to a BBQ or potluck. This basic veggie tortellini salad can be modified by adding baby mozzarella cheese, feta cheese, bell peppers, diced salami, you name it! If you’re looking for more BBQ side dishestry this Chilled Italian Shrimp Tortellini Pasta Salad, Macaroni Salad, Rainbow Potato Salad, and Greek Pasta Salad.
I know I’ve converted so many of you into Delallo fans! They have the best pasta, gluten-free pasta, whole wheat pasta, pizza dough kits, gnocchi, olive oil, olives, and more! I partnered with them again to create this wonderful tortellini salad using their Three-Cheese Tortellini Pasta.
Their authentic Italian tortellini recipe begins with delicate egg pasta made from only the finest quality durum wheat semolina around a savour, nutty blend of fine Italian cheeses. I personally love it in tortellini salad, I find the refrigerated kind falls apart too easy in salads while Delallo’s holds its shape well. It’s a superior egg pasta with delicate flavor stuffed with creamy, flavorful Italian cheeses.
- Tortellini: I love using Delallo three cheese tortellini,
- Broccoli: Chop the broccoli into small bite-sized pieces.
- Tomatoes: Cut grape or cherry tomatoes in half.
- Red Onions: Swap red onion for shallot or green onions, if desired.
- Olives: Buy canned sliced black olives to cut down on prep. Sub them with kalamata olives if you prefer.
- Dressing room: Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar over the salad and season with salt, garlic, garlic powder, and dried parsley.
How to Make Tortellini Salad
This vegetarian tortellini salad is quick and easy!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and blanch the broccoli for 30 seconds. Remove it with a slotted spoon and rinse it under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Add the cheese tortellini to the boiling water and cook according to the package directions.
- Put all the pasta salad ingredients in a bowl and toss with the oil, vinegar, and Italian dressing mix.
- Vegetables: If you’re missing a vegetable or don’t like one, try substituting them with chopped bell pepper, zucchini, cucumber, or celery.
- protein: Add shrimp or chicken to this healthy pasta salad for extra protein. Also great with diced salami or ham.
- Cheese: Toss in some crumbled feta or baby mozzarella balls.
More Tortellini Recipes You’ll Love:
This easy garden Tortellini Salad with is the perfect BBQ side dish made with cheese tortellini, summer tomatoes, broccoli florets, and black olives.
- 2 8.8 ounce packages Delallo 3 cheese tortellini
- 3 1/2 cups broccoli florets, cut bit sized
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup Delallo extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Delallo red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, more more for water
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
When boiling, blanch the broccoli 15 to 30 seconds and remove with a slotted spoon and rinse under cold water to stop it from cooking.
Add the tortellini to the boiling water and cook according to package directions.
Drain and rinse under cold water then add to a large bowl with the remaining ingredients.
Mix well and refrigerate until chilled. Serve cold.
Serving: 1cup, calories: 192calories, Carbohydrates: 24g, protein: 6g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 19mg, Sodium: 398mg, fiber: 2.5g, Sugar: 2.5g
Keywords: easy pasta salad, easy summer pasta salad, Tortellini Pasta Salad
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by DeLallo. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love that make Skinnytaste possible.