This easy chicken and stuffing recipe will help you put a delicious meal on the table for Thanksgiving dinner – or any time! Chicken thighs are smothered in cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, stuffing mix, and an herbal seasoning mixture for a dish everyone will enjoy.
Cook up a helping of Slow Cooker Cream Corn to accompany this easy slow cooker chicken and stuffing excellent comfort food recipe.
Why crock pot chicken and stuffing works
This chicken and stuffing recipe is the way to go when looking for a complete meal that’s both easy to cook and takes minimal ingredients. While there are different recipe variations, this one only calls for a few ingredients and enough cooking time for you to get other things done in the meantime.
- Chicken: Chicken thighs yield juicer meat, especially when cooked in the crockpot. You’ll want to season the chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stuffing Mix: Cooked directly in the slow cooker, we LOVE chicken stove top stuffing mix for this recipe.
- Wet Ingredients: Chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and milk are added to help the stuffing mixture cook and provide flavor to the overall dish.
- Herbs of Provence: Created by combining thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, oregano, basil, tarragon, marjoram, savory, sage, fennel, dill, and lavender. If you don’t like those flavors, use Italian seasoning or oregano instead.
StepOne – Place seasoned chicken thighs into a prepared slow cooker (sprayed with cooking spray).
StepTwo – For stuffing over the chicken thighs.
StepThree – Add in the mixed cream of chicken soup, milk, chicken broth, and Herbs de Provence. No need to stir it in, but make sure you pour it over evenly.
Step Four – Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
How to serve
- Slow cooker chicken and stuffing can always be served as is, since it has meat and bread cooked all in one pot.
- Make it a hearty meal by adding sides such as green beans and potatoes (pictured), cream corn, or a sweet potato casserole.
- This dish also pairs well with a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner spread.
Recipe FAQs and Variations
Of course! If the chicken breasts are bigger in size, I recommend cutting them in half vertically to create a similar size to chicken thighs.
Depending on the flavor you want, you could undoubtedly use cream of mushroom soup or celery soup.
Italian seasoning is the perfect substitution. It will add the same amount of extra flavor. Or you can use oregano.
No. It is not recommended to cook frozen chicken in the crockpot. Allow your chicken to defrost before cooking it.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for up to 4 days.
You could always add diced celery, diced onion, canned green beans (or frozen green beans, or fresh green beans), or other mixed veggies.
Want to make more magic in your crockpot? Stay up to date and subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, instagram, pinterest, tik tokand Youtube.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing
Prepare the crockpot by coating with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper and season the chicken thighs.
Place the chicken in the bottom of the crockpot and pour the box of chicken stove top stuffing on top.
In a medium bowl combines the cream of chicken soup, milk, chicken broth, and Herbs de Provence (if using).
For this mixture over the stove top mix.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Prevent your screen from going dark
- Want to add veggies? You can always add diced celery, diced onion, canned green beans (or frozen green beans, or fresh green beans), or other mixed veggies.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Chicken breast can be used instead of chicken thighs.
- Cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup can be used in place of cream of chicken.
calories: 503calories | Carbohydrates: 27g | protein: 30g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 156mg | Sodium: 1122mg | Potassium: 450mg | fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 252UI | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 3mg
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
More Slow Cooker Thanksgiving Recipes