This crockpot cinnamon roll pan takes the guesswork out of how to put a delicious dessert on the table all while making your house smell amazing. With this easy recipe, you can easily serve these as brunch cuisine on Christmas morning.
Another holiday favorite breakfast we love is breakfast burritos or sticky buns!
Why you should make this cinnamon roll casserole
If the ability to use a slow cooker to make yummy cinnamon rolls doesn’t already have you convinced, then let me turn you to how quick the prep time is. With the hardest being done for you – thank you, Pillsbury Grands – there is only a little bit of mixing before throwing everything into the crock pot.
Also, the cooking time is long enough for you to walk away and get other stuff done in the meantime. You’ll come back a few hours later to a sweet-smelling kitchen and taste buds craving a sweet cinnamon dessert.
- Cinnamon Rolls in the Can: You can’t go wrong with the Pillsbury brand. It should also come with icing.
- Butter: Melted and poured over the cinnamon rolls to give them a buttery taste.
- Eggs: Large eggs are used to create a flavorful egg mixture that is poured over cut cinnamon roll dough.
- Heavy Cream: Used as part of the cinnamon and brown sugar mixture.
- vanilla: This extract adds a hint of vanilla flavor to the cinnamon roll casserole.
- Brown Sugar: Used to provide a little extra sweetness.
- Spices: Cinnamon and nutmeg are the perfect spices for this cinnamon roll recipe.
StepOne – Place quarter-cut cinnamon roll dough into a prepared (with cooking spray) slow cooker and pour over cooled butter.
StepTwo – In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and vanilla extract.
StepThree – For the egg mixture over the cinnamon rolls.
Step Four – Cover and cook on low for 3.5 – 4 hours. Every slow cooker cooks differently, so check at the 3.5 hour mark.
Step Five – Once complete, for over the cinnamon roll icing.
step six – Serve warm and enjoy!
How to serve
- This cinnamon roll casserole is amazing served as is. Simply scoop out a serving and enjoy!
- If you’d like to add some additional toppings, consider an extra dash of ground cinnamon, a drizzle of maple syrup, diced apples, and/or a shake of powdered sugar.
- When it comes to serving it with something cool, go for a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a flavor of your choice.
Recipe FAQs and Variations
You can make the casserole the night before and cook it in the morning. Though, let your slow cooker sit on the counter for 15 minutes, doing this should prevent the ceramic insert from cracking when the heat is turned on.
Refrigerate cinnamon rolls in an airtight container for up to 3 days – and that’s if they last that long.
For reheating the casserole, you can microwave your portion or put it in the air fryer at 330 degrees F for 5 minutes or until the desired temperature.
You can use a pair of kitchen scissors or a pizza cutter.
Milk or whipping cream are great dairy substitutions for using heavy cream.
Want to make more magic in your crockpot? Stay up to date and subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, instagram, pinterest, tik tokand Youtube.
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Casserole
Spray baking spray in the liner of the slow cooker. Set aside.
Open the cinnamon roll cans. Separate all the cinnamon rolls.
Cut each roll in quarters. You should have 64 pieces of cinnamon rolls.
Spread evenly the cut cinnamon rolls into the slow cooker liner.
For the cooled butter over the cinnamon rolls. Set aside.
In a medium size mixing bowl, add the eggs, brown sugar, whisk until combined.
Add the ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, vanilla extra. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
Add the heavy cream and mix well.
For the egg mixture over the cinnamon rolls.
Cover and cook on low for 3.5 – 4 hours. Every slow cooker cooks differently, so check at the 3.5 hour mark.
Serve and Enjoy!
Prevent your screen from going dark
- To store: Refrigerate cinnamon rolls in an airtight container for up to 3 days – and that’s if they last that long.
- For reheating the casserole, you can microwave your portion or put it in the air fryer at 330 degrees F for 5 minutes or until the desired temperature.
- You can use a pair of kitchen scissors or a pizza cutter to cut the cinnamon rolls quickly.
calories: 518calories | Carbohydrates: 52g | protein: 7g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 129mg | Sodium: 759mg | Potassium: 59mg | fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 693UI | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
More Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes