This Garlic Parmesan Chicken dinner features fresh chicken breasts, green beans, red potatoes, and flavorful seasonings for an absolutely delicious meal. It’s an easy recipe that can help you put an entire meal on the dinner table your whole family will love. Plus, it smells amazing!
If you’re looking for a different way to make chicken parmesan, try this Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Pasta gold Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta.
Why this parmesan chicken recipe works
I always see slow cooking a meal as a major perk. Not only does it prevent you from having to stand over a stove but it can also make things taste better. While the slow cooker cooks up this parmesan chicken dinner, you can tackle getting a few things done.
This one-pot, dump-and-go meal is definitely something to consider making for dinner tonight!
- Chicken Breasts: Boneless skinless chicken breast is the way to go with this recipe. The crock pot will cook them to fork tender and marinate the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Red Potatoes: These potatoes hold up extremely well when being cooked in the slow cooker. They won’t become too mushy and will often hold their shape.
- Green Beans: Not only does this vegetable add flavor, but it also adds an additional side cooked along with the chicken and potatoes.
- Seasonings: Italian seasoning, fresh garlic, garlic powder, kosher salt, and pepper create the perfect garlic parmesan sauce.
- Olive Oil: You’ll coat the bottom of the crock pot with it to keep the chicken from sticking.
- Parmesan Cheese: Added at end of cooking time to create the best-tasting garlic parmesan chicken.
StepOne – Place raw chicken, potatoes, green beans, minced garlic, and all other seasonings into a slow cooker that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
StepTwo – Toss all of the ingredients together to mix and ensure seasoning gets on everything.
StepThree – Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or on HIGH for about 4 hours. Make sure the chicken is cooked through.
Step Four – At the end of the cooking time, add one cup the shredded parmesan cheese.
Step Five – Stir the fresh parmesan into the cooked chicken meal.
step six – Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese. Cover and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe FAQs and Variations
Yes! They will taste just as amazing as using chicken breasts. You can also use chicken legs!
Add cooked pasta directly to the meal, underneath as a bed, or as a side item.
For any leftovers into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Russet potatoes, Yukon golds, or white potatoes can be used and will still work great in this recipe.
I don’t recommend putting frozen chicken into the slow cooker. Allow it to defrost, then add chicken into the slow cooker.
Want to make more magic in your crockpot? Stay up to date and subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, instagram, pinterest, tik tokand Youtube.
Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesen Chicken Dinner
A complete meal of potatoes, chicken, and green beans with garlic and plenty of parmesan cheese.
Spray the slow cooker with non stick spray or rub down with butter or oil.
Slice the chicken breast into strips about 1 ½” inches wide and add to the slow cooker.
Add the remaining ingredients, except for the parmesan cheese, and stir to mix.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours (or on high for about 4 hours) or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are done.
Add one cup of the parmesan cheese and stir.
Sprinkle over the remaining cheese. Place the lid on the slow cooker and let the cheese melt for about 15 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
Prevent your screen from going dark
- No other liquid is needed in this recipe besides the olive oil; the chicken will let out some of its juices and make enough liquid to keep the recipe moist.
- Add any leftovers into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Chicken thighs can be used instead of chicken breasts.
- Russet potatoes, Yukon golds, or white potatoes can be used and will still work great in this recipe.
calories: 576calories | Carbohydrates: 30g | protein: 58g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 1317mg | Potassium: 1448mg | fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1102UI | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 710mg | Iron: 4mg
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes