If you love cauliflower and have been looking for a new recipe to try, you’ll love this Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Cauliflower Soup. It has a creamy consistency and all the health benefits of sweet potatoes, cauliflower, carrots, and a few other pantry staples.
Love fall recipes? Cozy up and keep warm this fall and winter with my Best Slow Cooker Beef Stew this week too!
Why this creamy cauliflower soup recipe works
Besides being enough to feed a crowd, this soup takes minimal prep time and is packed with all the flavors of the cool-weather season. You can enjoy this delicious soup as is or pair it with something crunchy such as crusty bread, croutons, or even chickpeas.
- Cauliflower: One of the highlights of the cauliflower soup.
- Sweet Potatoes: Another primary ingredient that makes this sweet potato cauliflower soup the delicious soup it is.
- Carrots: Adds a vegetable taste to the creamy soup.
- Liquids: Canned coconut milk, heavy cream, chicken stock, and butter are blended into the other ingredients for the perfect soup cuisine. You can use vegetable broth if desired.
- Seasonings: Salt, black pepper, turmeric, oregano, garlic, and red onion are spices that add the perfect flavor to this fabulous soup.
- Garnish: Pumpkin seeds and dill add color but also an extra flavor.
StepOne – Chop and add the cauliflower, sweet potatoes, onions, and carrots into the slow cooker.
StepTwo – For over the chicken stock and add in butter.
StepThree – Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
Step Four – Use an immersion blender to blend the soup.
Step Five – Stir in the coconut cream and heavy cream and cook for about 30 more minutes.
step six – Top with pumpkin seeds and dill. Serve warm.
- Roast the cauliflower: Add an extra flavor to this soup by first roasting the cauliflower before adding it to the crockpot. Simply spread it out on a roasting pan and cook until the edges are browned.
- Make it a vegan cauliflower soup: Make this soup vegetarian and vegan-friendly by using vegetable broth (instead of chicken broth) or vegetable stock and leave out the butter or use olive oil instead.
- Add more fresh herbs: Sage, coriander, and cumin pair perfectly with the other herbs and spices in this soup.
This is a soup that’s best blended. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender or food processor and still get a silky texture. Just blend little bits at a time.
Worn light coconut milk or swap it out altogether for almond milk or cashew cream.
Add any leftover soup to an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to one week. Reheat over medium heat on the stovetop.
Absolutely! You can add a variety of things like smoked paprika, curry powder, cayenne pepper, or even green onions.
Perfect soup toppings are croutons, pumpkin seeds, crackers, or even roasted chickpeas!
Want to make more magic in your crockpot? Stay up to date and subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, instagram, pinterest, tik tokand Youtube.
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Soup
A perfect blend of sweet potatoes and cauliflower for a wonderful fall soup.
Add all ingredients except the coconut milk, heavy cream, and toppings to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
Use an immersion blender to blend the soup. Then, stir in the coconut cream and heavy cream.
Cook for 30 more minutes. Top with roasted nuts and dill and serve warm. Enjoy!
Prevent your screen from going dark
- This is a soup that’s best blended. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender or food processor and still get a silky texture. Just blend little bits at a time.
- Add any leftover soup to an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to one week. Reheat over medium heat on the stovetop.
- You can add a variety of things like smoked paprika, curry powder, cayenne pepper, or even green onions.
- Perfect soup toppings are croutons, pumpkin seeds, crackers, or even roasted chickpeas!
calories: 220calories | Carbohydrates: 19g | protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 514mg | Potassium: 489mg | fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 12066UI | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
More Slow Cooker Soup Recipes: