Juicy chicken and tender lasagna noodles in a rich and creamy soup, pure comfort food. This delicious White Chicken Lasagna Soup comes together in one pot!
One Pot Lasagna Soup
Hearty, warming and oh so comforting – this one pot lasagna soup is sure to become a family favorite! Chicken broth, heavy cream and a host of seasonings make up the lip smacking soup which contains noodles and chicken. Perfect for slurping! An Italian inspired recipe which is great for lunch or dinner!
Looking for more Italian recipes? Why not also try my Crockpot Chicken Parmesan and my Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells!
Why You’ll Love this White Lasagna Soup:
- One Pot: Made mainly with kitchen stages, this easy chicken recipe all comes together in one pot!
- Hearty: Protein packed chicken breasts and satisfying noodles make for a super satisfying meal!
- Creamy: The soup is so creamy and luscious, made with Italian seasoning and garlic. Gorgeous!
Rich and creamy, this delicious soup comes together on the stovetop in 30 mins!
How to Make White Chicken Lasagna Soup
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook your seasoned chicken in a Dutch oven then set aside.
- In the Dutch oven, cook your aromatics then add you broth and seasonings.
- Once the soup is boiling, add in your noodles.
- Stir in your cream, spinach and chicken then allow to simmer.
- Season, serve and enjoy!
Chicken Lasagna Soup Ingredient Notes
- Chicken: I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but you could also use leftover shredded or rotisserie chicken. Just skip step one if the chicken is already cooked.
- olive oil: Helps the chicken and onions brown without burning.
- Onions: I used a sweet onion in this recipe, but you could also use yellow onions, shallots, or leeks!
- Garlic: Adds delicious flavor to the soup and pairs perfectly with chicken.
- Butter and Flour: create a roux that thickens the soup slightly.
- Chicken Broth: I used low sodium chicken broth, but feel free to use what you have on hand. Vegetable broth would also work!
- Italian Seasoning: Adds a bit of herbaceousness to the soup.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes: Give the soup a bit of heat. Feel free to add as much or as little as you like.
- Lasagna Noodles: What makes this a “lasagna” soup. I like the kind with the wavy edges, but use what you have on hand! Just make sure to break the noodles into 1-inch pieces so they are bite-sized in the soup.
- Heavy Cream: Makes the soup creamy and rich.
- Spinach: Adds a bit of freshness and color to the soup. Tuscan kale is also delicious in this recipe!
This recipe uses chicken breasts that are cooked, shredded, and added back into the soup. If you have cooked chicken breasts or a rotisserie chicken on hand, you can skip the cooking steps and shred and add them in step 11.
This soup would be great with coined carrots, sliced mushrooms, or chopped celery! Escarole or Tuscan kale would also be great additions.
To make this vegetarian soup, omit the chicken and sub in 2 15.5-ounce cans of cannellini beans. Use vegetable broth in place of the chicken broth.
Loaded with Italian flavors this hearty soup packs a delicious punch!
Store leftover chicken lasagna soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat the soup gently on the stovetop, adding a little extra water or stock if needed (the noodles tend to absorb liquid as the soup sits). I do not recommend freezing this soup.
- Chicken: Substitute chicken thighs or shredded rotisserie chicken in place of the chicken breasts. Use 2 15.5-ounce cans of cannellini beans to make this vegetarian soup.
- onions: Use a yellow onion, shallots, or leeks in place of the sweet onion.
- Brother: Use vegetable broth to make this vegetarian soup.
- Spinach: Use heartier greens, like escarole or Tuscan kale, in place of the spinach.
To shred the cooked chicken, use two forks, shredding claws, or place the chicken in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
White chicken lasagna soup is one of those one pot recipes you’ll come back to again and again, be it winter or summer! Hearty, loaded with goodness and packed with flavor. So slurping good!
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
White Chicken Lasagna Soup Recipe
Juicy chicken and tender lasagna noodles in a rich and creamy soup, pure comfort food. Plus, this delicious White Chicken Lasagna Soup comes together in one pot!
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel and season them lightly with salt and pepper.
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Set a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add one tablespoon olive oil, then add the chicken.
2 tablespoons olive oil
Cook the chicken for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through. Once the chicken registers 165°F on an instant-read thermometer, remove it from the Dutch oven to a cutting board and allow it to rest while you prepare the rest of the soup.
Add another tablespoon of olive oil as well as the onion to the pot and cook, stirring often, until tender and just beginning to brown, 3-5 minutes.
1 sweet onion
Add the garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute.
2 cloves garlic
Add the butter and stir until it is melted.
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Once the butter is melted, sprinkle in the flour and stir until the flour evenly coats the onions.
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Add the chicken broth, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Gently scrape the bottom of the pan to release any browned bits. Bring the soup to a boil over high heat.
5 cups low sodium chicken broth, 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Once the soup is boiling, add the lasagna noodles and cook just to al dente according to the instructions on the box.
8 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cream and spinach.
1 cup heavy cream, 5 ounces fresh spinach
Shred the cooked chicken with two forks and add it to the pot as well.
Cover the Dutch oven with a lid and let it sit until the spinach has wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Storage: Store leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I do not recommend freezing this soup.
- Tip: To shred the cooked chicken, use two forks, shredding claws, or place the chicken in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
White Chicken Lasagna Soup Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 360
Saturated Fat 20g125%
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 14g
Vitamin A 4491IU90%
Vitamin C 16mg19%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.